I'm a journalist currently based in Dublin with Ireland's national state broadcaster, RTÉ, where I am a weekend editor on its homepage. I am also studying at Trinity College Dublin. Most recently, I was based in Berlin with The New York Times, where I was primarily involved in the paper's coverage of September's federal election. Previously, I was with The Sunday Business Post in Dublin, where I wrote its early morning briefing email every single weekday and contributed to its weekly print edition. I was formerly editor of The University Times, Ireland's leading student newspaper. Follow me on Twitter or send me an email at .
- Frankfurt Evacuates 60,000 People to Defuse World War II Bomb The New York Times
- Vietnamese Abduction Suspect Is Extradited to Germany The New York Times
- Germany, in a First, Shuts Down Left-Wing Extremist Website The New York Times
- In Protest, Artist in Germany Re-Purposes Hate Speech From Twitter The New York Times
- How Fleetmatics Transformed into a Global Powerhouse The Sunday Business Post
- Facebook Once Again Shows It Can Grow Without Spiralling Costs The Sunday Business Post
- Profile of Patrick Geoghegan, Speechwriter to Ireland's Prime Minister The University Times
More About Me
At The Sunday Business Post, I focused on analysis and reporting of market-moving events, like Brexit, central bank decisions and the release of economic data. I also acted as an editor of the paper's digital content – writing headlines, placing stories and managing its social media output. At The New York Times, I focused mainly on Germany's politics ahead of its federal elections and day-to-day events in the country. I have previously covered the European Parliament and European Commission from both Brussels and Strasbourg. For my work at The University Times, I won the national Student Journalist of the Year award, and an award for editorial writing from the US-based Society of Professional Journalists. I am also highly proficient in HTML, CSS and PHP, and speak English and German.